Inspiration Comes in Little Ways

At 2:23 this morning, I woke to dogs barking in my living room. I listened and heard muffled pounding on my door, at least that's what I thought in my half-asleep state. I got up and moved to the door, telling my husband that I thought someone was knocking at the door. "Don't open it if you don't know who it is" was his reply and he climbed out of bed.

Flipping on the porch light, I found a police officer standing at my door. I motioned "one minute" and turned off the house alarm.

"I've been asked to check on Edmond."

I gave him my half-asleep stare.

"Edmond Finn? Does Edmond live here?"

Okay, seriously? So apparently some woman called the police asking for a wellness check on her husband, and then gave our address to the police.

Fabulous.

But, for me, a character has been born. Someday, Edmond Finn will appear.

Comments

Popular Posts