Science and other stuff that goes bump in the night

I have a friend at work who is in my writing group and was inspirational in getting me writing again. She loves quotes. I thought it would be really cool to be quoted, so I made up this:

You know you’re a writer when each moment of your life is considered for its merit on paper.

--Colleen Henstra

I love this quote (besides the fact that it is brilliantly written) because I have begun to observe everything around with a new set of eyes. I look at personalities for characters in a future book, see landscapes and describe the imagery, hear antecdotes and log them in my book. Every event of my day is just like the quote says. Then something really scary happened.

This was earlier today. I was trying to read chapter 4 in my Geography book. Just to give a little background - I need one science class to complete my associate's degree. I've tried three science classes for this credit - to complete failure. I'm on my fourth attempt. As I was trying to draw my brain back to the highly interesting topic of "The Atmosphere, Temperature, and the Heat Budget" - I got an idea. This is the scary part. I thought of a writing a book for children that explained what I was learning in a fun and education way.

Yes, even that horrible "science" stuff has crept its way into my conscience writing brain. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Comments

Popular Posts