Wedding days and daydreams

It's finally happened. I never thought of this day or how I would feel. I never considered the logistics involved with a young man sitting on my couch and asking us if he could marry our daughter. I didn't even know that this sort of thing still happened, outside of the MAGIC! lyrics. (Great song, catchy tune.)

Halfway through a meeting with one of my employees today, I realized who the text was from that asked to meet with me and my husband. Until that, I must have been in some fantasy denial world where little girls still sat on their mommy's laps, running a finger over their mom's wedding band, and probably envisioning their own wedding day, oblivious to the mommy.

So, after a hug and an "I'd be honored," I wiped a tear or two and realized how old I must be.

Comments

Popular Posts